The global challenges we face today demand a set of unique and diverse skills. The Space Between Us has a wealth of psychological, theoretical and practical knowledge in the following spaces:
A network of Mental
The Space Between Us has access to expert advice from a Network of Mental Health Practitioners that provide:
A value-based care network of HPCSA accredited mental health providers who are able to collectively improve the patient centeredness approach and clinical outcomes for mental health.
The capability of distribution of health care cost across the value chain and therefore generating savings by having clear treatment plans which support.
Mental health workers who are geographically dispersed to ensure coverage of the bulk of South African customers.
Standardisation of care including peer regulation and improving efficiency and quality of practice.
Promoting an integrated mental health care journey which supports out-of-hospital treatment and improves the entire value chain.
Establishing the clinical psychologist as the key point of call post admissions, thus ensuring a wholistic view of the patient.
Our strategic partnerships enhance our distinctive value proposition. In this regard, our partnership with Afriforte contributes to academic rigour and expertise to organizational diagnosis. Afriforte is the commercial arm of WorkWell, the research unit for Economic and Management Sciences at the North-West University, Potchefstroom. Their objective is to utilize “metrics that matter” by converting human factor and workplace research efforts into practical management and risk management tools that would promote the capability of businesses to support their employees.
This is done by providing the tools to assist them in improving their mental wellbeing and productivity.
As a human centered digital platform, The Space Between Us has also invested in data science, digital behavioural insights, usability engineering and interaction science capability to ensure that the product solutions developed are responsive to customer needs.
Mental Health is at the core of every individual’s wellbeing. Our vision is to build a common language and an understanding that nurtures healing and provides tools to help navigate and enhance our mental health state.
1. Educate to prevent
We provide information to fight misconceptions and stigmas to effectively manage mental health. Early detection and primary interventions are key in this regard:
- Psycho Education
- E-skills Training
We provide skills based training specifically to help employees become resilient in the following ways:
- Managing a remote team as a core skill to manage your team virtually
- Creating strategies for developing the emerging and adaptive leader during uncertain times
- Develop coping strategies to take control in the COVID-19 new normal
- Becoming confident digitally by developing the skills to be a responsive virtual employee
- Building relationships that thrive to be the connection and the key to survival
- Focusing on the parent and caregiver by integrating home, work and play activities
- Developing emotional and physical self-care solutions that focus on you
- Nurturing coping skills that assist in dealing with life changes and loss
- Developing 5 key steps to building resilience
2. Engage to Heal
We provide engaging support to nurture healing by providing:
- Group sessions & peer support
- Call centre for professional support
- Online therapy for individuals, family members and couples
3. Research to eliminate
Our strategic partnerships ensure commitment to academic rigour. In addition, we employ best practice and innovative data collection practices. Research findings guide us to continuously refine and enhance our overall solution. As such we employ:
- Data based solutions
- Advocacy based on research to influence change
The Space Between Us objective is to develop a behaviour change platform that will assist individuals, corporates and communities to achieve the following:
- To priorities mental health such that it becomes a part of an individual’s health management and lifestyle, as is done with diabetes and other life-changing illnesses.
- To encourage proactive and frequent assessment:
- Employ pre-emptive strategies by identifying appropriate psycho education tools to help build coping and resilience strategies in safe and supportive groups.
- Assist with the healing process on the occasion where challenges are identified by working with mental health practitioners.
As a social enterprise, this is how The Space Between Us seeks to help transform society through mental wellbeing. Our solutions provide access to support and healing much wider than the traditional Western therapeutic models.